The Innovator's Burden

The Innovator's Burden

PDMA Carolinas | February 16, 2021

Access the Recording

If you are innovative two things will happen (1) People will have no idea what you are doing and (2) They are terrified of your innovation. The innovator’s burden is that humans are weak in their ability to consume the new and they default to resistance. Those that can articulate a new process or innovation seem to have magical powers… they don’t, but they are very good communicators. Our time together is designed to motivate all that attend to be great communicators and excellent innovators.

About the Presenter

Chris Elmore

Chris Elmore was a millionaire at age 28...For six weeks. The first tech company he started fell like a lead balloon. He dusted himself off and would soon be one of the earliest employees of a tech company that went from $0.00 in revenue and three product failures to thousands of employees and business unicorn status. His out of the box approach of putting people first and concentrating on selling value has helped thousands.

Called a “Startup Hero” by North Carolina Business Magazine and a maverick and mold breaker by SouthPark Magazine, Chris has written 9 books, and is a Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at UNC – Charlotte and Queens University of Charlotte. Chris serves on the board of four startups and advisor three other Charlotte based companies. Chris travels the country speaking on the topics of startup success, innovation, entrepreneurship, sales, technology, and automation.

Chris began working at AvidXchange in 2000 as one of its earliest employees. AvidXchange, a global unicorn, aka a private company valued at +$1 billion, is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the country with 1,300 employees across seven offices.

Chris has been on a journey to prefect a message that resonates and motivates audience since he was 18 years old. “My dad had me read the book, See You At The Top, by Zig Ziglar. I fell in love with the ideas and with making improvements in my life.”

What did you think of this post?

Start a conversation with your peers by posting to our kHUB Discussion board! Browse trending posts and reply to other thought leaders OR start your own discussion by clicking "Post New Message."

Start a Discussion

If you don't have an account with us, create a guest account or become a member today and receive exclusive access to all PDMA member benefits. Please note that both members and non-members are welcome to participate in the kHUB.

Get Involved in the kHUB ad