kHUB All Member Forum

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Working as and Leading Remote Salespeople

Posted 06-08-2020 08:26
    Greetings all - many of you are working remotely for the first time and many of you are continuing what you've always done.  I've been building a sales team for a client and recently posted some commentary on both being and managing remote salespeople.  While the target is specifically sales, you can really apply the concepts to any role.  Here's a link to the post:

https://www.interestingblazer.com/2020/05/30/sales-during-covid-19/

And as always, I look forward to your comments!

------------------------------
    Ernie Harris
    Founder
    Interesting Blazer
    Saint Petersburg FL
    727-306-1880

• 2.  RE: Working as and Leading Remote Salespeople

Posted 06-10-2020 12:40
    Hi Ernie, good article and thanks for posting.

Daniel Lago
    Product & Industry Expert
    SoftExpert
    Johns Creek GA
    407 502 8357

• 3.  RE: Working as and Leading Remote Salespeople

Posted 06-13-2020 05:23
    Hi Ernie,

Great article,thanks for posting. I fully agree about trusting your remote salespeople and that insisting on pipeline hygiene and forecasting is a must. The business will run so much smoother when there is that pipeline visibility and will avoid the need for the manager to keep inquiring about specifics. Key there I think is not to hang someone if every forecasted opportunity doesn't transpire exactly as originally envisaged. As long as the individuals are constantly evaluating their forecasting outcomes and endeavoring to improve the accuracy over time, it will foster a good culture of transparency. Also important is that everyone understand that if it's not logged as an opportunity in the pipeline, it doesn't exist and also won't earn compensation. I think once these good practices become embedded, being remote or onsite becomes much less of an issue and there is no need to keep looking over others' shoulders.

Brian Martin