Dec 2018

PDMA Pittsburgh Chapter Newsletter
PDMA_pgh.png

Dear Members of the Pittsburgh PDMA Community,

As 2018 comes to a close, I look back and feel so proud to be part of the Pittsburgh Chapter of PDMA. This was a great year, and it would not have been possible without you. Your support, participation, and commitment to the Chapter keeps the community thriving. Thank you!

This year was filled with learning, collaboration, and networking. Among other topics about product management and innovation, we learned about the ROI of design, discussed sustainability, and heard about AI and machine learning. We celebrated summer during our social event held at the Federal Galley which itself is a study of innovation in the culinary scene. As two firsts, we held a course on the fundamentals of product development and proudly sponsored and participated in the inaugural ProductCamp Pittsburgh. Keeping with a “new” tradition, we organized the third annual Student Pitch Competition where eight teams from Pitt and CMU presented their innovative ideas. Be sure to read the “Year in Review” article in this newsletter to learn about the key takeaways from each session. The 2019 programming schedule is shaping up to be just as good. 

In 2019, we will make some changes to our board. We will welcome new members and say farewell to some others. But as you have surely experienced, once you are connected to the Pittsburgh PDMA community you will always remain a part of it, and that is certainly true for our Board M. We will be announcing the changes early in the year. I do want to thank each Board Member for their time and commitment to the Chapter. It has been an honor to serve on the Board with so many talented and dedicated product development professionals. If you are interested in serving on the PDMA Pittsburgh Board of Directors in the future or would like to be a volunteer to help the Chapter, please send me an email at amaihoefer@pdma.org.

I look forward to a year filled with exciting changes, new learning opportunities, and great networking events.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Best Regards,

Andreas Maihoefer

PDMA Pittsburgh President