PDH Credit: 1
Basic Member: $10
Professional/Academic/Premier Member: Free
Please register by clicking the button above.
PDMA Pittsburgh is hosting an engaging Back to Basics VOC Workshop on March 10th. This event is part of the PDMA Pittsburgh Product.
Development Fundamentals “Back to Basics” Series.
In today’s competitive environment, it is critically important to understand exactly what a customer wants and needs in order to develop the best possible products and services. During this engaging workshop, you’ll learn about the Voice of Customer (VOC) research methodology and how you can use it to enhance the customer experience.
A team of Pittsburgh’s top product developers and managers will facilitate the workshop and will teach you proven VOC research methods that can be applied to any size project or situation. The facilitators will combine short presentation sections with multiple individual and team exercises to cover various aspects of VOC planning and execution.
Workshop topics and exercises include:
- Introduction to VoC
- Planning a VoC project
- Writing an interview guide
- Conducting interviews
- Extracting and classifying customer needs using the Kano methodology.
Workshop learning objectives:
- Identify the basic elements of a VoC process
- Conceptualize the planning steps for a VoC project
- Draft an interview guide
- Demonstrate basic interview skills
- Formulate good customer needs statements
- Verbalize the concept of the Kano needs classification
Who should attend:
- Product developers
- Product managers
We hope you can join us!